Thursday, January 23, 2014

Birthday Bash

In celebration of my best friend Aimee's "Big Five-Oh!" last weekend, her family surprised her with a fabulous birthday bash.  The temps here in Florida were in the 40s but that didn't damper the Retro Surf theme.  We managed to stay warm with the help of a outdoor propane heater, four fire pits and of course, a few alcoholic beverages.

The decor was so cute and Aimee's vintage 1970s Volkswagen Bug took center stage.




I loved these vintage table centerpieces, part of her brother's collection.








Her cake was amazing!!







This life-size Jenga game was a HUGE hit!





A photo of myself with the Birthday Girl.  (Notice the red noses.....cold!!!)






And my gift to her, a set of handmade cards.  I couldn't resist adding in a bit of vintage flair of my own.





1 comment: