Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Shower Decor

I only recently finished editing the photos of the baby shower that we threw for one of our girlfriends in early September. It was weeks in the making and turned out so cute that I'd like to share some of the decor with you.  But first off, a photo of my beautiful friend.  She's the first grade teacher that I volunteer for every week. The sticker I placed on her tummy is a clue to our theme.




I created this welcome sign on an 11x14 canvas.




Another friend made this sign-in board from foam core.  It was covered in well wishes by the end of the day. We made the ties using my Silhouette electronic die cutter.




Rewinding just a bit, in late August I held what I now refer to as my "minion night".   I had previously die cut components for the decor and we all gathered for an assembly party.  It was quite funny to hear their reactions to all of the tools of "my trade."  One friend remarked that she never knew there were so many ways to glue.  LOL!!!  (Like my plastic cocktail table cloth?)




Here's some of what we made that night....

Cupcake toppers (several layers of die cuts to make these)




A banner made of mustaches and ties.




The girls made these chocolate mustaches.




Beverage bar labels.



A few photos of the final set up...



The Beverage Bar



The tablescape....  (cotton candy!  isn't that cute?!)



My girlfriend and her daughter put this diaper cake together.  LOVE IT!




Her daughter also made this darling mustache cake...



The piece de resistance ...


(We also had a huge buffet of food but it was far too large to fit in one photo.)


Finally, what's a baby shower without a couple of silly games?


How about blindfolded baby diapering...





And no party of ours is ever complete without a drinking game.  *wink* We kept it G rated for the teens.  (Yep, that's me on the right.  Let me tell ya....that ain't easy!)




I ask you...aren't these Golden Nipple Awards hilarious? They were created by the friend who made the onsie sign.  LOVE THEM!


Lots of great food, good drinks, fabulous friends and awesome, awesome gifts. It was a day well worth all of our efforts!




4 comments:

Catherine said...

Everything is just so dang cute!!

Laura said...

Wow you don't mess around when it comes to having a baby shower! I love all the details that went into it! Very cute!

Helmka Family said...

This is fabulous! What a fun shower!
TFS!
Karen

Unknown said...

too fun - and way cute!