Monday, September 9, 2013

More Cheer Photos

Meg had her second game on Saturday.  Her squad is required to be at the field for check-in one hour prior to the start of every game.  We arrived at 3:45. Due to rain delays her 5:00 PM game didn't start until almost 7:00. Then there was overtime.  For those who played WWF with me Saturday afternoon and evening, thank you.  :-)

With all of this time on my hands I became the squad paparazzi.  Because her team has a public Facebook page with lots of team photos, I don't feel that I'm infringing on anyone's privacy by sharing my photos here. (In fact, many of the cheer photos currently on their page are the ones I took last week, posted after they circulated among my friends.)

Here is her squad, minus one who is out with a sprained ankle.  Meg is second from the right.  The two outside girls are high school cheerleader volunteers.







Meg is the back spot for the group on the right.





Again, Meg in the very back ready to catch her in their cradle.




This next one is Meg's very bestest BFF.  Meg is hidden, holding the back of her thigh.  (The second tallest girl gets to balance the tallest.)  Apparently this move is called a Scorpion.




And an action shot.  I'm not sure if Meg was early, late or just the highest but it's a cool photo.





The coaches give out $5 gift cards to the two girls who show the most leadership/spirit during each game.  Me, being the overly enthusiastic crafty volunteer that I am, who LOVES to make more work for herself, offered to create cute little gift card holders.  I was feverishly working on these until just minutes before the game.






When opened, they house a sliding pocket for the gift card.




Four down, twelve to go.  (But well worth it after I heard murmurs that the purses are more popular than the gift cards they hold.)  :-)




3 comments:

Catherine said...

Fun, fun pictures and love those GC holders!! Very cute!

Helmka Family said...

Great photos!
TFS!
Karen

Melanie said...

Very cool GC holders, well worth their popularity. ;) Wow, Meg is really TALL!