Friday, August 9, 2013

Yay, Rah....


Sis, Boom, Bah!  Of course when I said this in front of Meg and one of her friends they both looked at me like I had two heads.  Oh well....

Meg has joined our local Pop Warner cheer squad, something she's wanted to do for two years, but because of her CRMO I thought it best to keep her out of team activities.  She's been symptom free for almost two years now (everybody "knock wood") so we consented.  They are in the middle of a two week conditioning program (think two hour boot camp 5X a week) so she's pretty sore but wakes up with a smile and really seems to love it.  (We'll see how much she loves it after a few weeks of 3 nights of practice and games every Saturday.) She looked so cute in her team colors last night that I insisted on a photo.







Thankfully they practice at a field behind her old elementary school so it's only a quick two minutes down the street.  I usually drop her off and head home for the first 45 minutes or so and then go back (when it's a bit cooler) to walk the track while they're practicing.  It brings back so many memories....







My head tells me I should be running but my bod definitely screams "No!!!!"   (Stubborn competitive idiot that I am, I did try, but my peg leg zombie run isn't pretty nor is it worth the risk of requiring a second hip replacement.)  So I'll continue to walk, watch the girls, and reminisce about the good 'ole days when I was my daughter's age.



 

2 comments:

Catherine said...

She does look so cute!

Melanie said...

Good for her! I'm glad you're taking care of yourself too, Julie. :)