Sunday, August 18, 2013

Summer Winding Down

With school starting here tomorrow, life is about to get a whole lot busier. Knowing this, I decided to take a few days to myself last week to visit with my parents.  It was nice to get some one-on-one time with them without the hectic pace of our usual extended family get togethers.

Earlier today Meg and I did a wee bit of last minute school shopping.  Clothes shopping with her is about as fun as nightly homework but fortunately we lucked out at our first store.  There she got two pairs of jeans, a pair of denim bermuda shorts, two sweaters and two pairs of flip flops (not for school).....all for $115. Not too bad.  But the best part?  We were done.   :-)

I'd hoped to have all of our vacation photos edited and ready to share by now but unfortunately (or fortunately, depending on your view) that's not the case. Here are some of what I do have...



We LOVE caves.  Why?  Because they are a always at a constant (and very comfortable) temperature, in this case 58 degrees.   I want to live there.
 






Meg couldn't wait to ride the sky lift to view Gatlinburg from above.  She rode in the bench with me...




...with Randy in a bench just in front of us.




The view from above did not disappoint.  You get a good idea of just how nestled Gatlinburg is in the mountains.




With any luck I'll have some time to work on my photo file later this week.  I'm hoping for some card and scrap time too.  Enjoy the rest of your weekend....and summer!



2 comments:

Catherine said...

It looks like a very cool place....and I mean that in a variety of ways. :)

Melanie said...

Looks beautiful! I'm looking for cooler temps up north this week when we make the trek up to Boston to drop Anthony off.