Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Project Life

We just returned from a wonderful nine day vacation in the Smokey Mountains. It was just the three of us this year so I was really afraid that Meg would be bored, bored, bored but she had a fabulous time and didn't want to leave.  Who would?  The mountain air is fabulous!  While I'm working on weeding through hundreds of vacation photos I have some pages from another album that I'd like to share.

In addition to playing catch up with 2009, I'm also working on Project Life for 2013.  I've done really, really well staying caught up but have decided to make a slight switch to my approach.  During the first six months of the year I've created a single pocket page each week.  (On busy weeks I have added in additional pages but for the most part, in order to allow all of 2013 to fit into a single album, I've created one page per week.)  Starting in July I've decided to modify my approach.  I plan to separate my pages by months, rather than weeks which eliminates the need to have to fill one page per week.  I know it doesn't sound like much but it makes a world of difference in my planning/creating process.

Enough blah, blah, blah.  Here are two examples of recent pages....


The last week of June.



The start of my monthly process for July...


Project Life fulfills my desire to document the little things in one nice/neat package thereby allowing me to be more selective on the subject matter/photographs I choose for my full size traditional albums. LOVE THAT!