Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Weekend Photos

I have no idea where the last week went but it certainly flew by quickly.  I can say that the highlight was the weekend visit from my parents.  We had a wonderful time sampling new restaurants in the area and found many keepers. Seriously, with the exception of coffee cups and drink glasses, I don't think we dirtied a dish at the house in the three plus days they were here.  :-)
  
One of our few non-restaurant excursions included a trip to Lion Country Safari, a unique drive-through zoo located in West Palm.  You are permitted to drive your vehicle through 200+ acres of Florida filled with African wild life that roam freely on the property.  Obviously no one is allowed outside a vehicle nor are you permitted to roll down any windows so all photos were taken through glass. My apologies for the glare. 
   

   
Another important rule at Lion Country Safari, the animals always have the right of way.



You get a much great appreciation for the size of these animals when you are right there, up close and personal.  And when a rhinoceros decides to cross the road, you definitely YIELD.  :-)




A very interesting place to visit if you're ever in the area.

2 comments:

Catherine said...

Oh my heck, it looks like my house!!!

Helmka Family said...

What a fun place!
TFS!
Karen