Friday, June 29, 2012

Baby Shower

I may be older, somewhat arthritic and require bifocals but my BFF has me beat. She is about to be a grandmother and I'm enjoying every Grannie taunt I can throw in.

Like myself, Aimee has an eleven year old daughter as well as much older sons. Her oldest is currently in the Marines, stationed in Afghanistan, while her daughter-in-law is living on base in Parris Island, South Carolina.  With the baby due in August, Aimee held a family baby shower for them at her home in Florida this past Sunday.  (And yes, I'm considered family in their household. *smile*)

Meg and I had fun shopping from their Target baby registry list (so many cute things!) but I couldn't let the occasion go by without making a little something for her in JulieWorld.  I decided on a decorated canvas to hang on the front door when the baby is sleeping.  ('Cause you know, someone ALWAYS shows up just as you get them down for their nap!)


But the thing I really wanted to share today is the absolute WONDER of technology.  Thousands of miles away in Afghanistan, Daddy was able to participate in the shower through a Skype-like technology.  Here he is getting a look at their first gifts right along with his wife and baby sister.  


Now that's a wonderful thing!

2 comments:

Catherine said...

That's so cool!!

Melanie said...

Yes, I know a lot of guys that skype with their families regularly when they're deployed. It makes the time apart a little easier.