Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Quick Dinner Post

I made this very easy, delicious and healthy soup last night for dinner.  The latter is probably the reason no one in my family even tried it but me.  *sigh* Their loss.




To make it....

Sautee about a half an onion and a clove of garlic in 1-2 tablespoons of olive oil.  Add a teaspoon of dried oregano, salt and pepper as desired.  To this add two cans of diced tomatoes (I used one regular and one Italian seasoned), a 32 oz box of chicken stock and 1-2 cups of water.  Allow to simmer for about 20 minutes. Add a bag of frozen cheese tortellini and cook according to directions. (2-3 minutes for my bag.)  Right before serving add fresh spinach and stir. Sprinkle with a bit of fresh Parmesan cheese and enjoy.

I can attest to the fact that it's just as good (if not better) the next day and I'm looking forward to some yummy lunches this week. Let them eat cereal.

3 comments:

Melanie said...

That's why we don't cook anymore. Too many kids turning their noses up to perfectly good food. Enjoy your soup and thanks for the recipe! I love soup!

Catherine said...

This looks really good!

Laura said...

That sounds, and looks, really good.