Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Halloween Photos

I hope everyone had a fun Halloween!  Meggie and I made our annual Trick or Treating rounds with my friend Aimee and her daughter Grace last night.  I think this is the fifth year we've gone out together and it's always a good time.

Thirty minutes before leaving we had a costume emergency as in...Meg's was nowhere to be found.  She wore it to a school function and then again to a Halloween birthday party but last night it seemed to have disappeared. We tore apart her room, the laundry, called her friend.  Nothing. Thankfully she rolled with it without any arguments and donned a costume from two years ago.  So rather than Trick or Treat as the beautiful Greek goddess Athena, she went out as the beautiful Egyptian Queen Cleopatra. Of course, Randy called me as soon as he got home to tell me that he'd put her Athena gown away in the spare bedroom closet.  *sigh*  Maybe I can talk her into wearing it next year.




Randy and I were invited to a Halloween costume party last Saturday.  In the end, he decided to play Daddy Nanny to Meg and one of her girlfriends so I attended solo.  We had a really great time and everyone's costumes were fabulous.

If you don't subscribe to ShowTime you probably will have no idea who I am (many at the party had no clue) but I had so much fun assembling my costume. Sorry, it's a horrible photo.  It was taken after dark and the girls (my little 10 year old photographers) informed me I wasn't allowed to smile.



Did you guess?  I'm Dexter, the Miami homicide blood splatter analyst/vigilante serial killer.  LOVE that show!

The next few weeks are busy with Meg's science fair project.  She hates science almost as much as she hates reading so it's not been as fun as it should be.  I mean, c'mon....science is fun!!!!  Sometimes I question whether she's truly my child.

3 comments:

Catherine said...

LOL...
And you have my pity about the science fair stuff.

Helmka Family said...

Fun costumes!
Glad you guys had a great day.
TFS!
Karen

Melanie said...

Oh, I was looking for a picture of Meg in the Athena costume! You'll have to let her wear it and take a picture, even if it's not Halloween anymore. ;) Love the costume. I really want to start watching that show. It sounds like something I'd enjoy watching. Luckily we haven't had much science fair stuff to contend with. Usually that's Patrick's "job", though. ;)