Thursday, December 17, 2015

The Rocking Chair


It can be said that I'm a hoarder and in a sense, I am.  But I consider myself a very select and organized saver.  My main source of saving comes in the form of sentimental treasures.  Take this rocking chair for example...




If you look closely at the photo you will notice that it is stenciled with Jay's name and the year 1983. My mother purchased this unfinished and presented it to Jay for his very first Christmas when he was ten months old.






(If I remember correctly, she and my father also bought him the cute outfit and the red step stool.  I believe Santa may have brought the Smurf slippers but I can't say for sure.)


He loved this chair and used it daily until he outgrew it.  I knew it was a keepsake so for the past 32 years it's been loving moved to eight different homes across the state of Florida. Why?  Because I knew one day there would be another special someone to enjoy the chair.

Enter Fin, just a week shy of twelve months old..






Last week I hauled this chair to it's ninth home.  The little guy was fast asleep for the night when I arrived but I set it out in anticipation of my o'dark thirty wake up call.  Fortunately for me the little guy "slept in" until 6:15.  (His parents were already long gone for their shifts at the hospital.)

It didn't take him long to figure out just what it was for...

















And that, my friends, was the start of our day together.   :-)





1 comment:

Catherine said...

It's so great that you were able to keep this and pass it on!