Saturday, July 27, 2013

Local Tidbits

Summer is Florida's rainy season.  We've had a good deal of precipitation lately so it's the perfect time for the county to perform what they refer to as "controlled burns."  This week they began a set of burns in the state park located fairly close to our house.  Some years have been scary but with all of the rain we've had recently these seem to definitely stay "under control."   (This has not always been true.)

To calm the fears of passersby they put up signs which I photographed during a recent walk.



The sign flashes to read "Do Not Call 911".  LOL!!!  


As you can see, we have had our fair share of rain and I love it.  While I'm not the least bit fond of slathering myself in chemicals to prevent the mosquito attacks, in the midst of summer, evening walks still beat morning ones every time.


1 comment:

Catherine said...

Yeah, controlled burns up by the cabin tend to be a little scary. Wish I had your rain!