Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Food Randomness



*  Made these to take a BBQ over Memorial Day weekend.  They were a huge hit.



I combined two different recipes to make my version.  I used the crust from this salted nut bar recipe and added this homemade PayDay recipe over top. They were delicious!  I kept a few behind and even when stored in an airtight container they dried out fairly quickly.  I'd recommend they be prepared and eaten the same day.



*  Always a hit are these easy-peasy snacks which I also made for the same BBQ.




*   No personal photo but prepared this salmon recipe last night for dinner and it was absolutely delicious.  My only deviations - lemon juice instead of lime (only because that's what I had on hand) and baked at 350 for 18 minutes instead of broiling.  I plan to use the sauce recipe on chicken in the future.



*  The optimal growing season in FL is fall-spring so our garden is pretty much kaput with the exception of these.





I'm finding them a bit strong in flavor but very tasty if finely chopped.



*  One of my BFFs just returned from Wisconsin.  I'd asked her to bring me home one of my favorite snacks.



She said they "squeak" when eaten.  Randy didn't care for them.  I only have Meg to fight off.  LOL!!!



And finally an update for my folks, lest they think I've fallen off the wagon with all of this talk about food.  I logged 76 walking miles in May and am officially down 20 lbs!  :-)  Ten more to go to reach my pre-shoulder injury weight.

1 comment:

Catherine said...

The peanut bars look amazing!