Thursday, June 13, 2013

Graduating to the Gym

Randy has been talking about joining a gym for over a year but hasn't taken the time to follow through. I took the initiative and bought him a membership at LA Fitness for Father's Day, which Meggie and I have given him early.  While there and viewing what they had to offer I decided to take the plunge myself.  I love walking but it's so darned hot and with our wacky rainy season, my window of opportunity has decreased substantially.  I hope to hit the elliptical, bike and some light machines on my "off-walking" days.  Because of my great PT I am aware of what I can and cannot do and promise (Mom) to be careful.  Hopefully the variation in workouts will help me rid these last 10 pounds.  I was there tonight for my first workout and it felt so good to feel "normal" again!


1 comment:

Laura said...

I miss how good I felt when I went to the gym. I hope you guys get some good use out of it. And WTG with the 76 miles and 20 lbs! You go girl!!lol