Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Walking but Wishing I Was Running

I doubt that you've noticed but I've updated the Running Log in my sidebar.  As you know, my running days officially became history last April when my hip issues could no longer be ignored. My orthopedist has assured me that I can walk/cycle to my heart's content without fear of damage to my new joint, however, running (or anything high impact) is out....forever.  While my body knows this,  my mind is having a very hard time accepting it.  Nearly every outing I'm stopped by someone I "knew" from my years of morning runs, inevitably followed up with a "I haven't seen you in ages!"   For some reason I feel the need to explain that I'm not a total slacker, that there is a reason I've been absent and a reason why they'll never see me running again.  It's just so hard to see them out running while I'm doing the zombie walk.    :-(

On to something that makes me smile.  Several weeks ago Meg made me promise to stop taking photos of her sleeping and I very reluctantly agreed. Hard as it was not to snap a photo of her last night, I managed to resist.  Later on, when Randy checked in on her, he said he was exercising his right to the loophole.  



He bought her this Perry the Platypus stocking hat a few weeks ago and he couldn't resist snapping a photo.  Love this!



1 comment:

Catherine said...

That really is a cute photo!