Saturday, August 13, 2011

Random Things from this Week

You all know how I LOVE to organize.  I just love everything neat, pretty, organized and labeled.   School starts here on Monday and I spent a couple of days this week helping one of my girlfriends get her first grade classroom in order.  I transformed what can only be termed a "total disaster" into an organized thing of beauty.  She loves it.  We still have one big closet to go and she's dragging her feet in procrastination but I'm going to force her to face it.  It's going to be a lot of work but trust me, she'll be happy that I'm bossy.

Because she has a dog/puppy theme going on in her room this year I thought a couple of themed organizational helpers would be a nice gift.  I whipped her up a simple composition book and coordinating bookmark using an old ScrapAddict kit I still had on hand.  I know she'll love them.



In addition I'm going to volunteer in her classroom for a few hours each week. She thinks I'm doing it so that she can have one on one time with her students. Little does she know that I'm actually doing it to police my hard work. *wink* I will not let her slip back into her old ways!!!

Moving to another topic.  A few days ago I posted a layout of my daughter's first day of 3rd grade in which  I made mention of her silky blonde hair.  Well I took her to the salon on Wednesday evening for the clarifying treatment that I spoke of, in spite of my husbands insistence that "her hair isn't green!"  Well, I beg to differ.  Note Exhibit A...



Note that blue water? That's all of the chlorine and chemicals that leached out of her hair following the application of the treatment.  (It goes on clear and then she sits under a dryer for 15 minutes to activate the process.) Ummm....what do you think?????

I took an after photo later that evening.  She still has some green tinge in the top layer of hair but it's sooooo much better than it was earlier this week.  I'll take her back for follow up treatment in a month.



And my husband was right.  Her hair wasn't green.  It was turquoise.




3 comments:

Catherine said...

Her hair looks gorgeous!! And really fun bookmark and book!

Helmka Family said...

I'm with Catherine...her hair looks beautiful! Wish I had hair of youth again....sigh. ;)
Karen

Melanie said...

You should have taken a before photo. Her hair looks gorgeous after the treatment. I love the composition book and bookmark. I think I might still have that kit somewhere...