Friday, May 13, 2016

My Day in the QZ


I know you all have been waiting on pins and needles for an update on my day in the QZ.  *wink*

Fin and I had a wonderful day on Monday.  He was still on the mend but, in my opinion, no longer contagious.  (That said I was still extremely careful, wearing gloves when changing him and wiping down nearly every surface prior to touching.) Because he was still a bit "puny" he wanted to be held a lot and I enjoyed every single minute.  Fin is normally a man on the go who only cuddles when taking his morning and evening bottle so this was a rare treat.

But on that day we had a lot of this going on...




Normally we only do TV in the evenings but Grandma made an executive decision and we vegged to one of Meg's former favorites, The Wonder Pets, for a good chunk of the morning.  (I think Bubble Guppies may have some new competition!)  I just love how he always places his hand behind his head when chillin'!

He also enjoyed sitting next to me on the couch, again, something he rarely does for long.



But seriously, sometimes only the boob tube and Gerber Cheese Puffs will do, right?

He did get a bit more energetic as time wore on but all in all, it was a fairly laid back day.  Come bedtime I sat down with him to play some blocks.  Herein was my downfall.  (Are you guessing the end of my story yet?)





I hesitated before touching them knowing full well that there was no way I could Clorox wipe every one of them down before his bedtime.  But then I realized sick toddlers are probably not playing Mega Blocks so we proceeded to have a great time.   I was amazed at his dexterity.









I was so impressed with his construction skills that I shot off a quick text and photo to Jay.  His response?

"I worked with his stacking with him while we were all sick.  :)"


Cue the music....dum, de, dum, dum, dum...followed by a MAJOR groan on my part.

Yup, you guessed it. At 2 AM, in the wee hours of Wednesday morning, I was sick.  Sick, sick, sick as in bed (and bathroom) ridden for the entire day.  But 24 hours is a far cry from their 72 hour ordeals so I consider myself quite lucky.

That said, I want it known that it is my firm belief that I would not have gotten sick at all had my family not totally and shamelessly thrown me under the bus. Fin was no longer contagious.  He did not get me sick.  Banishing me into the Quarantine Zone (instead of allowing me to watch him here) is what made me get sick.  (Are you sensing a bit of resentment?  You should be.)  So even as I'm typing this I'm waiting patiently to see if the old adage of "what goes around, comes around" rings true.  I don't wish my family sick but their decision to vote me off the island could very well backfire on them.