Friday, March 11, 2016

Feeding Frenzy


The last week has been crazy to infinity and beyond.  Securing new jobs was easy.  Finding a decent rental home was beyond insane.  I won't go into all of details of my week but house hunting (which soon turned to apartment hunting) consumed my every waking moment for over a week.  Who knew the rental competition was so fierce????  It's like sharks circling chum around here.  Seriously.

I was fortunate enough to be one of the first callers on a home that went up early, early Sunday morning.  (Fortunate because I was stalking all of the rental sites hourly.)  The owner had stipulated "No Pets" but I charmed my way into letting me see it an hour later. By the end of that afternoon, he'd had 30+ inquiries.  Within another twenty-four hours he had over fifty, many of them offering to take the house "sight unseen."  (Feeding Frenzy!)  The charms of a grandma, some very cute photos of Fin with Marley, along with a great credit report on their part finally convinced him that we were "the ones." The deal was finalized on Tuesday and I cannot even begin to tell you the relief I felt at that point.   Had this fallen through their only other option would have been a second floor apartment. Definitely not ideal with a baby.

On the afternoon that I was meeting him to (hopefully) close the deal (he had two others lined up immediately behind us) Colleen sent this photo to me along with a cute little message...



              
        "Here if he needs a family photo, aren't we cute! We deserve a home!"  


Seriously, how could anyone not rent to them?

They will be driving the moving van down on the 20th, there are meetings at the hospital on the 21st and 23rd and somewhere in between they'll be moving into the new place and finishing up the details on their current place.  Their jobs officially start on the 28th. The next few weeks will be just as crazy but at least they will be in a nice home in a quiet neighborhood.  The best part?  Fin will only twelve minutes from Grandma.  :-)  






2 comments:

Catherine said...

That's so awesome!

Unknown said...

Way to go getting them a nice place! And close by!