Wednesday, February 24, 2016

More Musings


More random musings on my part today.


Two of my all time favorite television shows are the original Star Trek and The X Files.  (For the record, my top three would include The Walking Dead.)  While I haven't been able to interest Meg in the former, the latter two have grown on her and we look forward to watching both the old and the new episodes together.


As many of you probably know, The X Files premiered in 1993.  I caught that first episode and, with the aid of a VCR, watched every single one of them until the series finale in 2002. (Yes, I was very sad.)  When it was announced last year that Mulder and Scully were making a return in the form of a six part mini series, I introduced Meg to the show via online streaming.  It will come as no big surprise that her favorite episodes are those dealing with monsters (think BigFoot) rather than aliens. :-)  We've been anxiously awaiting the mini series which sadly ended Monday evening.  While I would never publish any spoilers I will say that I am heartened by the fact that the producers left it open to the possibility of another season.  :-)


On the Star Trek front.  When it comes to gifts, I am a very hard person to buy for so I'm making it easy on all of my family and friends this year.  Roll your eyes all you'd like but this is tops on my wish list.   USS Enterprise Drone.  'nuff said.


Finally, what blog post would be complete without including an adorable photo of Fin?








Given the opportunity I have no doubt that the kid would have immediately started gnawing but thankfully his mama cut it into toddler sized pieces.  It goes without saying that he loved it.  LOL!








1 comment:

Catherine said...

He probably could have totally taken on that haunch!