Thursday, February 11, 2016

I Like Big Spoons and I Cannot Lie

As I mentionedin my last post, we had the pleasure of Fin's company for four days last weekend. Thankfully we also had the pleasure of my parent's company as well.  I'm not sure Randy and Meg would have been fed otherwise. Seriously.

This little guy is THE BUSIEST boy I know.





He has a very consistent schedule starting at 6:00 AM every morning. His only nap comes at 9:30 and lasts only until 11:15 AM.  Bedtime is at 7:00 PM. Every single minute in between is spent either eating, moving or playing.  

He is a very, very good little boy with the best of temperaments but man oh man is he ever busy. There's not a knob he didn't pull, a lever he didn't push, a latch he didn't wiggle, a bookshelf he didn't empty, a drawer he didn't open, a table he didn't clear, a dog crate he didn't relocate, or a remote he didn't try.  Lather, Rinse, Repeat.  If he knew something was off-limits he would first look at me (awaiting my "No, No, No"), proceed to do it and then come and give me a hug.  Such a cute little stinker.

His favorite "toy" of the weekend, by far, was a slotted plastic spoon which I gave him while I was cooking breakfast.   It began like this...



He used it for breakfast...



He helped the dogs eat...




He carried it everywhere he went...






(He loved Miss Catherine's peaches, much to Meg's chagrin.)







He even took it on our trips to the Starbucks drive thru.




You might notice that he does not appear very happy in this last photo.  There's a reason for that. When it comes to big spoons, he's not a very good sharer.




Needless to say, we let him take the spoon home with him on Monday afternoon.  :-)






1 comment:

Catherine said...

OK....that's pretty funny, and totally cute! Although I will say that I would be hard to eat those little peach nuggets with that big spoon!