Saturday, September 26, 2015

Poor Meggie!


Meg complained of a headache on Thursday afternoon so she passed on her school's homecoming parade but did go to a friend's later in the evening to tie dye some tee shirts for Spirit Day the following day.  Later that night (around 2:00 AM) she's standing at my bedside telling me she had just thrown up.  Four times.  Ack!  She didn't seem to be running a fever so I sent her back to bed with instructions to let me know if it happened again.  She then turns to leave, stops, turns around and very nonchalantly says "So nobody's going to clean it up?"  WHAT????????????  Um....she failed to relay the fact that her vomiting (times four, remember) was on her bedroom floor.  Trust me, it wasn't fun for either of us.

Throughout the night I received many phone calls via her cell to mine, keeping me informed of all of her vomitting which were thankfully in the bucket, not on the floor.  (By the way, her ringtone on my phone is the tune to The Walking Dead.  A bit of twisted irony, don't you think?)

Needless to say, she missed Spirit Day at school and the Homecoming Game last night.  She was finally able to keep down a bit of fluid last night and does seem better this morning.  (She never did run a temp.  Weird.)  She's currently sitting up and nibbling on a bagel so we are crossing our fingers that she feels well enough to attend the dance this evening.


2 comments:

Catherine said...

Poor girl!!

Lynne said...

Oh no! That is bad news! Hope she was able to go to the dance!