Monday, September 14, 2015

Book Club


Our latest book club meeting took place last Saturday at the home of one of the members.  She chose The Nightingale and I cannot say enough good things about this novel.  If you haven't read it, it definitely needs to be put at the top of your "to read" list.

We had a wonderful afternoon conversing about the book over lunch.  Our hostess, Janice, prepared the most awesome salad.  It was like nothing I've ever seen before and I totally intend to copy it.






Is that not amazing?  It was as delicious as it looks.

She also made these gorgeous napkins for everyone to take home.  (Yet another idea I plan to copy some time in the future.)




It's difficult to read from the photo but it's an excerpt from the book.  How clever is that?

Afterward Chica and I did some shopping at a new and very beautiful outdoor center that's ironically located just down the street from where we lived years ago. (For my family....directly west of Century Village and the "old people Publix."  LOL!

After the shops closed we ducked into a restaurant called Lime where we had a very delicious frozen margarita and some chips and salsa.  For a premade frozen drink, this little puppy packed a punch. (Don't worry family, I only had one. *wink*)






Moving forward to today ---

I'm taking Meg and a friend down to West Palm to shop for Homecoming dresses.  I'll let ya know how we fare but in the meantime, please wish us (me) luck.  :-)






1 comment:

Catherine said...

Oh, good luck with the dress!! The salad looks wonderful and like a take on Nicoise.....very, very French! Glad you had fun!