Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Yep, School is Back in Session


It may only be the second week of school but I've already been called upon as a substitute.  I spent Monday and Tuesday this week in a third grade classroom. Many of the kids knew me from last year so we were off to a great start and we had two very good days.  

My little buddy is back again this year and I've already met with his teacher.  I will be volunteering on Thursday mornings, first with him (now a 3rd grader) and then with Michelle's first grade class and I'm really looking forward to both.  Meg is also volunteering in Michelle's classroom three times a week.  She helps out beginning at 7:15 and then heads to her middle school at 8:30. (School begins at 7:30 at the elementary level and 9:05 for middle schoolers.)  Of course this means that she requires a ride to school but I'm sharing that duty with a friend whose daughter is also volunteering in another classroom.  

Speaking of Meg, she is loving all of her teachers and classes and I can't begin to tell you how much smoother our year will be because of it.  My goal for this year is to instill (and enforce) good study habits.  So far, so good.   

I'd like to leave you with a photo of her latest hairstyle.  (My apologies...it's a very bad photo taken indoors, at night, with my Iphone)  She refers to it as "Katniss style."  I really love it.







And yes, that's tape on my wall.  I'm trying out new paint color swatches.  More on that in another post.  






1 comment:

Melanie said...

I wish Natalie would try some new hairstyles. She only wears her hair in one ponytail. At least this year she's added a headband. Meg looks great!