Saturday, August 30, 2014

Around Here


I had a new kitchen sink and faucet installed earlier this week.  I am in love.






The sink is black granite/resin composite.  It's supposedly scratch, chip and heat resistant.  I mostly like it because it's black.  *wink*  The faucet is a Delta touch on/off model.  LOVE IT!  It's been two days and I'm still doing a happy dance.

I've given myself a break on home projects to play in JulieWorld.  I needed a sympathy card for a friend (the teacher I subbed for earlier this week) so I decided to make three.  I'm glad I did.  A favorite uncle of mine passed away earlier this week.  He was a very hard working, generous man and even though its been many years since I've last seen him, he will be greatly missed.


Here is the card I gave to my teacher friend....






And the one I sent to my uncle's family....





And my remaining card.  I sincerely hope that I don't need it any time soon.



2 comments:

Catherine said...

Those are amazing cards and the sink looks great!

Melanie said...

I have the same faucet! I love the on/off feature too, but my sister Cynthia has the same one without the auto on/off and it gets so confusing for me (and the kids) when we go to visit her. I love the sink and the cards too. Would you mind letting me know what set you used for those? Unfortunately, I think I need to make some of those to have a stash. There seems to be more uses for that sort of set lately.