Friday, September 7, 2012

The Hitch in my Giddy-up

If you follow my ramblings you know that I've had issues with my right groin/lower back area for ages. After five months of chiropractic visits, multiple x-rays, an MRI, a cortisone injection and two consultations with my orthopedist, the verdict is undeniable.  I have a severely arthritic hip and relief will only be attained through a total hip replacement.   Forty years of running have taken their toll.   And while I struggle with the notion that I am far too young for such a surgery, I also struggle with day to day living. The number of days spent in bed on pain killers and/or hobbling around with a cane have increased.   So, while in my mind I'm too young for "old people surgery", I've come to terms with the fact that I am also far too young to be missing out on life.  I deserve more. My family deserves more.  My surgery is scheduled for the end of this month.

Because of my condition, the work on my bedroom/bath has been slow.  Very, very slow.  I'm really anxious to have it completed before I'm totally bedridden but I'm not sure that will happen.  For now though, I'd like to share a sneak peek at my new bedroom ...







The photo color is a bit off.  The wall color is Sherwin Williams Comfort Gray, a soothing bluish-gray.  The bedspread is a soft, dusty blue.  The new furniture is black.  The new king sized Tempurpedic mattress has been a wonderful "life-saver" on my hip.

With any luck I'll have completed room photos to share before my surgery!





3 comments:

Catherine said...

The room is lovely and here's hoping the surgery will resolve the issues you've been having!

Helmka Family said...

Beautiful!!! Love all the photos above the bed.
Good luck, Julie with your surgery! My thoughts and prayers will be with you!
Karen

Laura said...

I love what I see!!!
Good luck with the surgery! I'm glad you came to the conclusion to not waste anymore time for the inevitable. Hugs and prayers Julie!