Wednesday, September 5, 2012

ReWind Wednesday

Reading the journaling from this 2006 layout strengthens my belief that the time I spend documenting memories is so totally worth it.  I had forgotten all about Meggie's kindergarten obsession with the school's monkey bars.  



Journaling reads....


From day one kindergarten has been all about the monkey bars.  For some reason that particular piece of playground equipment holds both a fascination and an obsession with you.  Every afternoon without fail you come running to the school gate anxious to give me your daily playground progress report. One day during your third week of school you came running up with “exciting news”.  Silly me, for a split second I actually thought I was going to hear something new about your day.  Maybe you got your long sought after tenth sticker?  Or you learned to read a new word?  Or perhaps you had news of a field trip?  Nope.  ”Guess what Mom!  I made it all the way across the monkey bars!”  You were beaming with so much pride that even the other mom’s took notice, smiled and commented.                           
          
School’s now starting its sixth week and your palms continue to show the fruits of your labor.  I don’t always hear much about your daily lessons but I do know that you and Emma are the only ones who can make it all the way across the barsGracie only goes one rung and then lets goChase and Lexi can almost make it Ty prefers to play on other things and Kelsie, well she’s just a “scaredy cat.”   For you kindergarten truly is all about the monkey bars, as it should be when you’re five.  I wonder if they have scholarships for that nowadays.   Sept. 2006