Friday, August 3, 2012

Now You See It....

Our bedroom has an exterior door that leads to the patio.  For fifteen years it has served no function whatsoever other than to be a irritant in my furniture placement.  Removing the door and closing in the opening would have been a huge project so I opted to have it covered up on the interior side with drywall. 

So, now you see it.....






And now you don't....




It's the small things that make me INCREDIBLY happy!!!!  Why did I wait 15 years for such an easy fix?  

As you can see, the room is painted (Sherwin Williams Comfort Gray), the new flooring is in and the baseboards have been updated.  Yet to be done are the crown molding, window/door casings and plantation shutters.  Our new furniture is being delivered this afternoon and I am very, very excited.  It's coming together!


4 comments:

Catherine said...

Will the door on the outside drive you nuts now that it doesn't lead anywhere? Your room looks wonderful!!

Melanie said...

We rented a house where they covered up a window. It does make it easier to arrange furniture. Your room looks great!

Helmka Family said...

I was also thinking about the door on the outside? Will that bother you?
Love the grey on the walls! Pretty room.
TFS!
Karen

Jana said...

It looks great!! I am wondering about the door on the other side as well!