Friday, July 13, 2012

Mountain Vacation


Randy, Meg and I recently joined several other families in the mountains of northeastern Georgia for a wonderful week of fun and relaxation.  Humor me as I bore you with a few photos over the course of the next several days.

The ten of us spent one afternoon rafting the Nantahala River in North Carolina. Pictured in our boat are Meg, Michelle, Randy and I along with a newlywed couple and our guide.  The water was ice cold and while we got splashed quite a bit, it made for a very fun day.


The experience was a deja vu of sorts for Randy and I as we made this same "voyage" exactly 25 years ago.  A few years later we revisited the area and Jay was able to rapid this same river.  (Unfortunately Randy stayed behind to hang out with Jay's buddy who didn't meet the weight requirement.)  Here's a similar photo of Jay and I rafting the Nantahala in 1993.




Meg enjoyed the journey just as much as her brother did so many years ago.  It makes for wonderful memories.

3 comments:

Helmka Family said...

Very cool action photos! Love the then and now too.
TFS!
Karen

Catherine said...

This looks like a lot of fun!

Melanie said...

I love those types of then and now photos. I've never been on a boat on rapids like that, but I'm a chicken when it comes to things like that. It does look like fun, though.