Wednesday, December 7, 2011

December Daily

Following a concept started by Ali Edwards I have been busy creating my December Daily Album.  If I'm not mistaken I believe this is the third year I've made one.  (Missed 2009...bad year, remember?)  Because I  love the easy casualness of documenting our everyday lives around the holidays, this is one of my most favorite projects to do.  

Today I'm going to share the first few completed pages.  My album is an 8.5 x 8.5 two ring binder made my American Crafts.  My photo pages are in page protectors but I have decorated filler pages out of Hambly transparencies. Here's the first few pages photographed within my book.






I pre-printed red cardstock with the black frame and numbers in November so that my daily pages would be ready to go.  Here are days 1-4.








I am sooo upset with my Day 3 photos.  They all turned out horrible.  This was the best that I had and I had to turn it to b/w just to be able to use it.








I finally took the plunge and purchased a DSLR camera.  (A Canon T3i)   Hopefully my days of horrible photos will soon be over.  I've only played around with it in auto mode but it's already made such a wonderful difference.  And the shutter speed?  Incredible!  Loving it so much already.

I have my photos for Days 5-7 (taken with my new camera!) and hopefully will find some time tomorrow to work on them.  I'll also try to get some photographs of the smaller insert pages that I have sandwiched in between these main pages.  They really add to the overall feel of the album. And while each page is fairly simple, it can be a bit overwhelming to try to stay caught up.  Of course it would be easier if I hadn't decided to hand make all of my Christmas cards this year (a first) as well as take on some other Christmas crafty gifts for friends but it's all good.  I love doing this sort of stuff!

3 comments:

Lynne said...

Love your pages and good for you for keeping up!! And you are going to love that camera!

Catherine said...

These are such great pages, although I really, really had to laugh at Day 1. :)

Helmka Family said...

WTG! Your pages and book look fabulous. I really need to try and do this one year before Kaden gets big.
TFS!
Karen