Thursday, August 25, 2016

Truck Obsession


I mentioned Fin's obsession with trucks in a previous post.  He goes nowhere without at least one truck in his hand.  Diaper changes, swim lessons, meal time, doggie duties, anytime we go "bye-bye"... you will rarely find him without a vehicle of some sort on his person.

As is our early morning routine we sit on the couch (he with his bottle and bag of Cheerios and me with my "hot") and watch some sort of kiddie show until I'm fully caffeinated.  He will hand me the remote and ask for "truck" at which time Grandpa has to give up his morning CNBC Squawk Box.  :-)  I recently discovered a really cute toddler level show available on Amazon Prime called Tom the Tow Truck and it totally mesmerizes him.







































Once I'm fully alert and functioning we start right in with playing.  You may be asking just how does one play with trucks?  Well, we stack them. We crash them.  We wash them.  (Especially after he's eaten lunch with them.)  We line them all up. We practice their names.  We talk about what each one does....and then we start all over again.  He can do this for hours...and hours...and hours...so lately this is how we've been spending our days.  

I shared this video on Instagram recently so I apologize to those who've already seen it but I need to do some bragging to the rest of my family.  






At the time of this video we were missing the helicopter and the fire engine but trust me, he can pick out all seven by name.  I know I'm biased but I think that's pretty incredible for a 20 month old.


_____________________________________________________________

Other randomness...

Against her many pleas, I attended Meg's high school open house this week.  I realize that she's in high school but I like to be able to place a face to a name when it comes to her teachers.  Chemistry (Honors) will definitely be her most challenging class but I have full confidence in her.

I started a Zumba Gold class last week.  (Think Zumba for the "older" generation.)  Two of my local book club friends attend and it's been a lot of fun. The ladies were all very welcoming and it's so nice to exercise in privacy (no windows to the outside world) and without judgement.  (I have no Latin blood in my whatsoever so while I can do the moves, I can't do them with style.)    

My Miami book club meeting is this Saturday.  Our book is  Lab Girl by Hope Jahren.  I loved it and while you certainly don't need to have a scientific background to appreciate it, I am very interested in hearing how our non-scientist members felt about it.  

That's all folks!  I know I'm not posting as regularly as usual so I appreciate that you're still taking the time to stop by.






2 comments:

Catherine said...

Love the truck obsession! James is currently in the same boat....er, truck!

Unknown said...

That's awesome that he knows what they all are.
Enjoy the zumba! I know it wasn't pretty when I did it but it's so much fun!