Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Happy Christmas Eve!


It's definitely going to be a very different Christmas for us this year.  In the 13 years that Jay's been out of the house he has always made it home for Christmas but that's not going to happen this year. We're definitely going to miss them.  

Ok, on to happier things.  Like Christmas cards and BFF gifts.  :-)

I decided to make my Christmas cards again this year and now that I've received confirmation of their arrival from several of you, it's time to share them. Here's the design I came up with this year although my lousy unstaged Iphone photo does not do it justice.










I have to say I'm extremely pleased with them.  All 45 of them.

In addition to the ones above that got mailed, I also made Christmas cards for those on my local gift giving list.  Each one was different and unfortunately, due to time constraints, I wasn't able to get photos of most of them but here are two that I really loved.  The elf one was one of my favorites. That was until Meg sarcastically commented that it looked like Miley Cyrus in her Wrecking Ball video.  Great.  Thanks.  (I'm trying really hard to forget she said that because I absolutely adore that little elf.)



 The snowman stamp is from Waltzingmouse.  The elf is a WPlus9 design.


I gave a quick sneak peek of my BFF gifts this year in an earlier post.  The significance of the contents won't mean much to anyone else but my BFFs will totally love these.





I created the gift bags using a Lori Whitlock Silhouette design.  I love them and will definitely be using them a lot for future gifts however, my favorite part of the design is the tag sentiment.




I adore that sentiment!  I stamped the martini glass (Stampin Up) and the sentiment (Riley and Company) onto vellum and then colored it in with Copics. So cute.

You may have already guessed the contents of the gift bags....




They'll be receiving "nips" of our favorite spirited beverages along with tiny lip glosses from Ulta.  I'll be delivering the gifts later today.


I'm also chugging away on my December Daily album but I'll share that with you later in the month.  Right now it's time to bake up a batch of peanut butter blossom cookies.  I'm just waiting for my Hershey kiss unwrapper to wake up from her vacation slumber.


2 comments:

Catherine said...

I'll reiterate that the cards are absolutely gorgeous and really fun stuff!

Unknown said...

Beautiful cards Julie!! Thank you! Love the gift bags and tags - very fun stuff!