Saturday, November 15, 2014

Baby Shower - Part I


I have been a very busy little bee.  While my family and local friends all know firsthand what I was up to, I thought it was about time I shared with my online family.  

As you all know, we are anxiously awaiting the arrival of our first grandbaby due to arrive at the end of the year.  Here is a gorgeous photo of the soon to be parents.  (Thank you Jay for sharing!) 





I have the special privilege of becoming the first grandparent within my circle of friends. To say that my girlfriends are excited for me is probably an understatement.  They are super excited.  In fact, once the initial congrats were over they immediately began hinting at baby shower invites.  Yes, I have awesome friends.  

The big event took place this past Sunday, November 9th and it was a huge success.  So as not to make this the "longest post in the history of JulieWorld" I'm going to spread the photos out over the course of several days, with today's post focusing on some of the decor.  

True to my "obsessive, compulsive, everything has to be handmade and perfect" personality, I spent weeks preparing the decor.  I based the Jungle Animal theme on the bedding that Jay and Colleen chose for the nursery.  (Here's a link if you're interested.)  There were so many stamps and cut files to choose from which made creating the decor super easy.

I started off by stamping, die cutting and coloring little critters to use in cupcake toppers and thank you notes.   Here are a few finished critters created from Lawn Fawn and Paper Smooches stamps.







    



I used these same critters to create a set thank you notes to give to the expectant parents.  










I also used them to make a set of personalized blocks for the little guy's room. (Sorry for the fuzzy photos.  They were cropped out of larger images.)  








And finally, my last share of the day is a guest book that I created using an old unfinished tag mini album from my stash.  The interior contains spiral bound manila shipping tags which were the perfect size for guest to provide their name and snail mail addresses.  

Here is the finished front cover...

  

The inside cover....



And the back cover...
 

(Yes, referring to myself as "grandma" is more than a bit weird.  "Grandma" in our house refers to my mother, not me.  LOL!) 

As always thanks for stopping by!  Please watch for my next post featuring "fun with diapers." 

3 comments:

Catherine said...

All of these are just so cute!

Mom (Great grandma) said...

We received our rhino thank you card Thursday. Smart idea.

Unknown said...

Very cute!! Love it all!