Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Exciting News!

Actually, lots of exciting news to share.  As many of you are aware, my son Jay completed a BA in Psychology in 2006 but decided to return to college to pursue a career in nursing.  He chose to tackle a dual program which involved pursuing his Associate's in Nursing (RN) concurrently with his Bachelor of Science Degree in Nursing.  He graduated from the RN program last December and landed a great job at an Orlando hospital in January. As of two weeks ago, he officially completed his BSN.   We know just what an accomplishment this is, how hard he worked to achieve it, and couldn't be more proud.

Nursing school not only opened the door to an exciting new career but it also introduced him to a very lovely young lady who is also now a practicing RN.  We loved her immediately.  My parents loved her immediately. My friends loved her immediately.  She is the "whole package"....warm, down to earth, thoughtful, intelligent, funny, etc., etc., etc.  But most importantly, she makes my son happy which in turn makes me love her even more.

You've probably guessed by now where this post is heading.  Yes, I am thrilled to announce that this lovely woman, Colleen, will soon be my daughter-in-law.






As much as I already knew she was the "one" for my son, she sealed the deal with the note she included in her Christmas card which read "Thank you for raising the most wonderful man I have ever known." Ummm....yeah, she's totally in.
















5 comments:

Laura said...

WOOHOOOOOO How exciting!!! Congrats all the way around!! That is so awesome!!!!

Catherine said...

Congratulations to all!! :)

Lynne said...

How very fun! Congrats everyone!

Joyce said...

Totally - Congratulations - wonderful news!

Melanie said...

Just catching up on your blog. That's awesome! Congratulations!!!