Thursday, February 20, 2014

Life Is Good



Very much so.  

Randy has a new job with far better hours and considerably less stress.  (Big hurray!)

Meg has a new math teacher whom she loves and is proving to be a far better instructor than her previous one.  (Can we say less homework and greatly improved grades?)  It took me three meetings with the principal to get her switched out but persistence pays off.  (Hurray for fabulous teachers!!!)

Cheer is over.  (Hip Hip Hurray!)

And, I haven't been called in to sub for over two weeks now.  (Hurray for play time!!!)

So what have I been doing?  Well, Randy and I are slowly tackling some of the many overdue projects around the house for starters.  (Think patio cleaning, sprinkler repair, etc.)  

Shawn and I are reading this book together....

  

Meg and I read several Judy Moody books by the same author when she was in elementary school. Stink is Judy Moody's younger brother with the books geared toward a younger reader.  (Shawn is a second grader now.)  I purchased the first three paperbacks in the series which I will give to him as we finish.  They're a bit over his level but his interest is there so it will make for some good summer reading on his own.  He loved the bookmark I was using (Meg's) so I made him one of his own which I gave him earlier today.






Yesterday I had the privilege of watching my girlfriend's son for a few hours.  It was great having some company on my morning walk!


 
Aren't those Batman socks the cutest?!




I've also had some play time in JW.  


 

I'm a little bummed that I didn't get to participate this year (my teacher recruit is the same one who just had the baby so she wasn't involved this year) but I did go to the mall and see the projects. Our school district made them optional this year and Meg was soooooo happy that I didn't force her to do one.  She's just lucky that the deadline came at a time when we were swamped with cheer.  Had it been now, I'd be the most hated mom in America.  *wink*

On a final note, my eldest turned 31 yesterday.  (That is still so hard to believe and worse yet, admit.) I was able to get him to share some photos with me last night which I will share at a later time.  Til then, thanks for stopping by!










1 comment:

Catherine said...

Such fun stuff! Love the Batman socks! Elise would really go for those, lol!