Thursday, November 28, 2013

Happy Thanksgiving!

Warm Thanksgiving wishes to everyone!  We actually woke up to 46 degree temps which is rather chilly for our area.  I am loving it.

Meg's regional cheer competition has put a damper on Thanksgiving with family this year.  She and I will be heading to Orlando tomorrow where we'll spend some time with Jay before the weekend's cheer activities begin.   Meanwhile my family is all gathered on the opposite coast for what I'm sure will be a fabulous feast. Randy is working today :( but should be home by the time we head to our dear friends' home for dinner.  Kelley puts on a grand spread for 25-30 people every year and we are so grateful to be included.

As our contribution to dinner I made Pioneer Woman's Sausage Stuffed Mushrooms.  (I used turkey sausage.)  Because this is my first attempt I baked a few ahead of time to try.  Oh wow!  Are these ever good!!!  (ummm...these four are already gone....oops!)



I have a huge casserole dish ready to pop in the oven later this afternoon as well as a small uncooked batch that I've put in the freezer for another day.  (I used 32 oz of mushrooms so I increased the recipe proportionately.)

Not to be outdone, Meg wanted to make more of the pilgrim hats that we took last year.  Being my daughter *wink* she used the supplies on hand and also created these cute little turkeys.


Excuse the cellophane but we are bombarded with little ghost ants so we wrapped them up rather quickly.   She used mini chocolate chips for the eyes and a peanut butter chip for the beak.  Peanut butter serves as the glue along with some orange tube icing for the feathers and buckle.  Very, very cute.  And if it's like last year, they will be gone within 10 minutes of our arrival.  LOL!!!

My love to my family.  Sorry we couldn't be there but hope you have a wonderful day and holiday visit.













2 comments:

Catherine said...

I'll take your word for it on the mushrooms, and Meg's little hats and turkeys are adorable!

Melanie said...

Yum, I love stuffed mushrooms--thanks for sharing the recipe. I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving despite being away from family.