Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Cards Galore (and a Layout!)


After a week of being a total couch potato, I'm finally feeling better.  Meg has clear instructions to NEVER and I mean NEVER drink out of one of my glasses or use any of my utensils ever again.  As usual, she was sick for about 48 hours.  Me?  9 days.  Grrr!

Prior to my cold I actually scrapped a traditional layout, something I haven't done in ages.  It will go in Meg's 2009 scrapbook.   I'm happy with the way it turned out, especially for a two pager.



Wasn't she sooooo cute?  




In addition I found a few more cards that I haven't yet shared.  

I swiped this design from an online designer but unfortunately I no longer have her information. I do remember that her card was patriotic in theme with a big number 4.  I decided to make mine a Sweet 16 card.  It's hard to see but there are clear embossed stars in the background.  I really love it and will probably make a few more with different ages to have on hand.






For this next one I utilized the positive balloon die cut image left over from a previous card.  I covered it in adhesive and smothered it with Martha Stewart glitter.  It's much prettier in real life.






Another one I really like....





A simple one with patterned paper....





This one was a lift from Jen del Muro.  The only thing I changed was the sentiment. Love it.





And finally, this card involved coloring with Copic markers.  I have lots to learn when it comes to shading but it was a lot of fun to make.  The sentiment on the inside says "Wear it in style."  



I'm signed up for the Online Card Classes Copic Coloring for Card Makers class that starts soon so it's a safe bet that you'll be seeing more of these types of cards in the near future.  

Till next time!










No comments: