Monday, November 26, 2012

Thanksgiving Photos

I hope everyone had a fabulous Turkey Day!  While we were disappointed that we couldn't be with my extended family on Thanksgiving, we did have a wonderful holiday with Jay and our friends.  My "hostess with the mostest" girlfriend Kelley prepared a fabulous dinner for 36.  The thought of doing that myself would give me nightmares but she always does it with ease.



Isn't this gorgeous?




The Kids Table




The Dinner Buffet




So large it required two photos.




I didn't get a photo of the final dessert table but trust me, it was bountiful. Meggie and I tried out Catherine's pumpkin bar recipe and it was a huge hit.  We also made a tray of Pilgrim hats using chocolate wafers, bite sized Reese's Peanut Butter Cups and peanut butter.  The kids made short work of them.





Jay only stuck around for 24 hours but it was a great visit.  We haven't seen much of him on Thanksgiving these past several years so I was thrilled that he made the trip.  I have to wonder though....did he come home to see us or to eat at Kel's?  ;)

3 comments:

Catherine said...

Wow! What a beautiful setting!!

Melanie said...

Wow, hosting for 36, that's amazing! What a wonderful friend!

Helmka Family said...

WOW...amazing! Beautiful!
TFS!
Karen