Sunday, March 30, 2014

C&S Cards Continued


I'm here to share more cards from the Clean & Simple Card Class 3 but I'll be honest, I'm not finding much appeal for the techniques demonstrated on Day 5. (New techniques videos are provided every other day...Day 1, 3, 5, etc.)  The theme of Day 5 was 'Backgrounds Into the Foreground' and the techniques included Iron-Off Embossing,  Masked Background, and Graffiti Stamping.

Iron-Off Embossing ---  Seriously?  There's no way I'm pulling out my iron to make a card.  I scratched this one off the list entirely.

Masked Background ---  The class example demonstrated how to make your own plaid background using masking tape and ink.   I despise plaid but for the sake of "stretching and growing" I played along.  The result?  A background I despised.  LOL!!!  Pitched that one right in the trash.  I did however try my hand at a masking technique of a different sort with a result I really like.





I masked off the border and shaded in the interior of the card with distress ink. Very simple but much more to my liking.


Graffiti Stamping ---  Now this was a technique I could get into!  Very fun to design and create.









 
I will definitely be pulling out more stamps and making a variety of these types of cards.  Love this technique.


You may notice a better quality of photographs.  (At least, I hope you do.)  I purchased a new lamp for my desk and LOVE it.  What a difference it makes in my photos which were all taken with my Iphone 5S.

Next time....Day 7, Creative Coloring.

1 comment:

Catherine said...

These all look fabulous!