Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Let's Talk Beverages



I haven't had my annual pumpkin spice latte yet (very rich and extremely caloric) but I do love their new fall cups.




This one is my usual "venti, seven pump skinny vanilla soy latte, extra hot."  As much as I love them, I do have to admit that I've discovered a local coffee shop downtown that totally rivals Starbucks.  It's five minutes away from where Meg tutors so it's become my Tuesday afternoon hangout.


A new (to me) beverage that I'm also loving comes from Tropical Smoothie Cafe.  I'm not sure if this is a local. regional or national chain but I highly recommend them.  (Anyone have one near them?)  Meg loves their Jetty Punch and Kiwi Quencher conconctions.  I usually pass on the smoothies but recently tried their Detox Island Green smoothie.  (Spinach, kale, mango, pineapple, banana and fresh ginger.)  It's really delicious and only 182 calories.







And rounding out my current beverages of choice list is my daddy's homebrew. Hopefully he'll chime in here and remind me of exactly what I'm drinking.  I just know that it's really good, especially in a frosty pint.




This particular evening followed a "two pinter kinda day" but by the time I took this photo, all was well in the world again.  *wink*










3 comments:

Dad said...

It's a Belgian golden ale. Travel lightly, it's 7.5% alcohol. I'm happy you're enjoying it.

Catherine said...

I'm going to take your work for it on most of these. I haven't heard of the chain where you got the green drink, so it hasn't made its way out this far west. :)

Colleen said...

We have a tropical smoothie a block and a half away... Haven't been in forever, but maybe I'll give your favorite a try.